Time is already flying… ⏳
We’re one month into 2021. Wow. I’ve never known the start of the year to move so fast, whilst simultaneously seeming to be filled with not that much at all.
What a blur.
Despite having to stay inside for the majority of the time, I suppose I’ve started the year off fairly well, begun to chip away at my goals for the year and to organise things for
if when the world outside gets back to normal.
In January 2021, I managed to:
- Build this blog and code a new feature most days - except one
- Write and publish an article every day on this blog
- Listen to 13 audiobooks out of my proposed 52 for the year
- Read 1 book out of my proposed 52 for the year - I’d best get some more started
- Run a half marathon with no training and write about why I run
- Start my marathon training plan - here’s hoping the race goes on in April 🤞
- Find out that I’m a World Record holder
- Start intermittent fasting - which I’m carrying on for the foreseeable future
- Plan an extremely hopeful list of 33 things I want to do 33 times before I’m 33
- Re-plan my Elbrus trip for later in this year - another “fingers crossed” moment
- Enter the Virtual Tokyo Marathon - hoping to win a place in the real thing
All in all, not a bad haul.📈
I built some new habits and tracked my current ones on my Habit Tracker this month.
- Audiobook and Reading - did a lot of this, every day
- Writing - did this every day
- Taking photos - did this every day
- Exercise goals - smashed it every day
- Eat vegan - did this other than one day
- Stick to daily budget - largely did this, trying something different this month
- Social media - posted when appropriate
- Blog coding - did every day but one
- House research - did some, putting it on hold for a bit
- 30 Days of Leadership - still going with this one for a few more days
Most of all, I managed to remain relatively positive with everything going on, stay on track with my training, keep my goals in the forefront of my mind and now feel invigorated and have strength to carry this mindset on into the year.